World’s Automotive industry Revenue is expected to be USD 8,391 billion by 2030. The global automotive industry will grow to just under nine trillion U.S. dollars by 2030. It is anticipated that new vehicle sales will account for about 38 percent of this value.Global R&D spending in the automotive sector is anticipated to increase to 103.1 billion U.S. dollars in 2019. The majority of this investment is from Europe and Japan, which in 2018 accounted for 24 and 27 percent of global investment in this sector. Electric vehicle market estimated to reach $802.81 billion, 22.6% CAGR during 2019-2027. Tesla, GM, and Nissan account for 62% of the 1.18 million EVs sold.
- Germany Is the largest exporter in automobile industry having 18.8% Share of total exported cars with value USD 142.3 Billion.
- United States Is the largest importer in automobile industry having 23.2% Share of total imported cars with value USD 179.5 Billion.
- Biggest Automotive industry is china having maximum production capacity i.e. 28%.
- Toyota produced over 20 million vehicles in 2017, making it the largest car company in the world.
- Passenger cars are the largest category of motor vehicle production i.e. 67 million units
FCA and PSA merger forms the world's fourth-largest auto group
This was the biggest merger of 2019 with forming world's fourth-largest OEM by volume and third-largest by revenue with annual sales of 8.7 million units and combined revenues of nearly $190 billion. Toyota and Subaru expands partnership
Toyota announced its plan to raise stake in Subaru from 16.8 per cent to 20 per cent. The two companies will invest more efficiently in new technologies suitable for the connected, autonomous, shared and electric (CASE) vehicles. Daimler and Geely joined hands for e-mobility
In March 2019, German auto giant Daimler announced its 50-50 joint venture with Chinese company Geely, which is the parent group of Volvo. As part of this, the two company will work in China to offer e-mobility services.
- Toyota buys around 4.94% in Suzuki's stock
In August 2019, Toyota and Suzuki strengthened their ties by buying small stakes in each other in order to further utilise their synergies. Toyota announced the decision of buying a 4.94 per cent stake in Suzuki's stock amounting $907 million. On the other hand, Suzuki bought Toyota's shares worth $453 million..
Technology-driven trends have always been revolutionizing the way in which automotive industry players react to the changing behavior of consumers, build partnerships, and bring about a change
- Autonomous Driving
- Connected Vehicles
- 3D Printing
- Increase in Electric Vehicles
- Electric vehicles
- New Charging Stations
- Engine Regulations
Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo
Date : 03 - 05 Nov 2020
Place : Sands Expo & Convention Center, Las Vegas, USA
Korea Automotive Industry Exhibition
Date : 18 - 20 Nov 2020
Place : ConvensiA Convention Center, Incheon, South Korea